- Maintain a moist wound surface promoting healing and protecting new tissue.
- Alginate dressings form a gel with the wound fluid that conforms to the wound.
- The softness of these products makes them very comfortable and manipulable, ideal for wounds requiring packing.
- The product can be easily removed without damage to healthy granulation.
Indications: Mod to heavy drainage, full thickness, granular, and slough covered wounds, infected wounds. Based on medical necessity, Medicare allows up to 30 per month per wound.
Contraindications: Dry wounds, eschar, none to minimal exudate, 3rd degree burns, and wounds with exposed tendon or bone
Based on medical necessity, Medicare allows up to 30 per month per wound.Application:
- Clean wound with normal saline or appropriate solution.
- Dry surrounding skin to remove moisture.
- Apply wound dressing to wound surface.
- Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing and secure in place.
- Remove secondary dressing as well as gelled and non-gelled dressing.
- Irrigate away any remaining gel with saline or appropriate solution.
Secondary dressings will be needed with this product.