- Can be used on a variety of wounds.
- Conforms easily to the wound.
- No damage to vital tissues.
- No pain at dressing change.
- High moisture vapor transfer rate.
Indications: A wide variety of wounds with at least a moderate amount of exudate including abrasions, incisions, pressure ulcers, lacerations, draining peristomal wounds, and infected wounds
Contraindications: Wounds with no to minimum exudate
Based on medical necessity, Medicare allows up to 12 per month per wound.Application:
- Clean wound with normal saline.
- Dry surrounding skin with sterile gauze pad.
- Apply the dressing to extend at least one inch beyond the wound edges.
- Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing.
- Gently remove the dressing. Repeat cleansing procedure.
Tape and/or wraps may be needed with non-bordered foam products.