- Maintains a moist wound environment on granulating wounds.
- Facilitates autolytic debridement in wounds with necrotic tissue.
- Gentle application and removal. Reduces pain and scarring.
- Gel versions are ideal for wounds with a cavity.
- If hydrogel is glycerin based, it is bacteriostatic.
- Available in impregnated gauze, gel, sheets, spray.
Indications: Superficial, partial/full thickness wounds, minimal to no drainage
Contraindications: Wounds with heavy drainage
Based on medical necessity, Medicare allows up to 12 per month per wound and in a tube of 3 ounces per month per wound.Application:
- Clean wound with normal saline or appropriate solution and dry.
- Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing.
- Remove secondary dressing.
- Clean away any remaining gel with normal saline or appropriate solution.
Cover dressings will be needed with this product.